When you are choosing a pavement maintenance contractor, there are several key questions you should consider asking. The contractor should be able to answer all of them affirmatively.
- Are you fully insured and able to provide a Certificate of Insurance?
- Are you a member of the Better Business Bureau?
- Can you provide references?
- Will you be using certified asphalt?
- Is your workmanship and material guaranteed for at least one year?
- Does your proposal state the square footage/yardage to be covered?
- Simply asking the individual isn't enough, anyone can say they are insured. Require the individual to present a certificate of insurance when you receive your estimate. Also, check to see if they are listed in your local yellow pages.